- Information We Collect
- Voluntary Submission
- Excelo is committed to safeguarding the privacy of Our Website visitors. We collect Personal Information about you using different mediums such as through Our Site and social media channels, phone and facsimile, usage, job applications, third party partners, interactions with Our clients and in connection with Our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of Personal Information (as permitted under law):
- Contact and identifying information – This includes, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number(s) and mailing address
- Username and password – For example, when you create an account on Our Site
- Resume and employment information – This includes, without limitation, your job history, skills, education, employment requirements and references
- Optional information – Any additional information you may choose to provide and/or publish to aid in your job placement or related to a job opening including, but not limited to, language preferences, date of birth, gender, citizenship and work authorizations status, disabilities and health related information, results of background checks, drug tests and other background checks, benefits information and tax related information
- The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on Our Site, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
- Third-Party Sources
- Other Information
Although most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, you can generally find a “help” section on the browser toolbar that will inform you how to configure your browser settings to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or to reject cookies entirely. If you disable cookies, however, you will not have access to many features that make your interactions with the Services more efficient and some of the Services’ features may not function properly.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies: A Web beacon (sometimes referred to as a “pixel tag” or a “clear GIF”) is a programming code that can be used to display an image on a Website, e-mail, or other communication. Web beacons are typically one-pixel, transparent images and are used to transfer an individual’s unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database in order to associate that individual with previously acquired information about him/her in a database. They allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that accesses the Website on which the beacon appears, the URL of such a Website, the time that such a Website was viewed, the type of browser used to view such a Website and the information contained in any cookies set by the third party. We may use Web beacons and other similar tracking technologies to help us better manage content on the Services by informing us what content is effective. For example, Web beacons allow us to measure the success of Our marketing campaigns by providing insight into the actions taken by users of the Services (e.g., compiling statistics about the rate at which certain marketing e-mails are opened by their intended recipients). These technologies may also be used to help us remember who you are and track your account preferences.
Log Files: As is true of most online services, We automatically collect and store certain other Information in Our server log files each time a user accesses the Services. This information may include computer or device IP address, Internet browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information for purposes such as: analyzing trends, administering the Services, tracking user activities on the Services, and gathering demographic information about Our user base as a whole. Information You Provide. We collect Other Information that you choose to voluntarily provide to us through the Services. For example, you may have the opportunity to submit your location or indicate your preferred means of communication with Excelo. Unless combined with Personal Information, the Other Information you may provide to us generally does not identify you or any other user of the Services as a particular individual.
Aggregated Information: Occasionally, Excelo will combine Personal Information and other data to create de-identified information about groups or particular types of individuals that access the Services. Such aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services as an individual and is considered Other Information for the purposes of this Policy. As an example, We may aggregate Personal Information from many different users to calculate the percentage of Our total user base who have a particular area code.
- Use of Personal Information
- Excelo does not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties. When We request your Personal Information, Excelo will always specify how We intend to use it and We will not use it for any other purpose.
In general, Excelo uses the information for the following necessary business functions:
- Communicate with you directly: Excelo staff may contact you to answer your questions, inform you of job postings, and share best practices and to provide any other information that you may have requested.
- Enable Prospective employers to get to know you: Excelo may disclose your information (qualifications, salary requirements, employment history, etc.) to interested employers so they can match your talents with their specific needs
- Create and manage your online account
- Send promotional materials such as new letters and job alerts
- Responding to individual inquires
- Operating, evaluating and improving business (including improving services, managing communications), performing data analysis and other functions
- Complying and enforcing legal requirements, contractual obligations and internal policies
By using the site and providing a mobile phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Excelo. Text messages will only be sent to notify you of a position or keep you updated on activities relevant to you.
In addition, We use information collected through cookies, pixels, Web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as, delivering content tailored to Our users’ interests and the manner in which Our users use Our Site, customizing Our users’ use of Our Site such as auto logging a user in when they return and managing Our Site and other aspects of Our business.
We also use third-party analytics services on Our Site, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers use technologies such as cookies, Web server logs to help us analyze your use of Our Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Information We Share
In addition, We may disclose information about you if We are required to do so by law or legal process, to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request and when We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer Personal Information We have about you in the event We sell or transfer all or a portion of Our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Site (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
- Communication Preferences
- If you create an account for the Services, We and Our partners may contact you with promotional offers and other similar correspondences. Excelo provides users with the ability to change their communication preferences at any time. Among other things, you may use this option to opt-out of receiving e-mails or postal mail from us and Our partners.
In addition to such promotional e-mails, Excelo offers all users access to e-mail newsletters and e-mail updates (e.g., job matches, job alerts.) upon registration for the Services. These communications may contain material promotional in nature, including offers from Our marketing partners. Members can opt-out of receiving e-mail newsletters or updates that may contain promotional material by following the “unsubscribe” procedures at the bottom of the relevant communication. Alternatively, you may change your notification settings by or visiting the “Subscription” page within your account settings.
If you are a non-Member and are receiving Excelo marketing e-mails from which you would like to opt-out, please simply follow the “unsubscribe” procedures at the bottom of the relevant communication. Non-Members can also unsubscribe from all future Excelo e-mail communications by contacting Privacy@Excelo.com. Please note that it may take us 7 – 10 days to process any such opt-out requests.
- Updating Personal Information
- To ensure that Excelo’s staff and prospective employers can connect with you, please keep your Personal Information up to date in Our system. If you need to update or correct any inaccuracies, please log in to your account (if available) or contact your Recruiter or email us at Privacy@Excelo.com.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
- Excelo takes care to protect the security of the Personal Information you provide on Our Website. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption for all data transmissions over the Internet, and We ask you to create a robust password for your account (if account creation is available). This helps prevent unauthorized access to Our systems. We store and maintain your information in a secure server environment where appropriate physical, technical and administrative security measures are strictly enforced.
You may request information about Our practices related to disclosing your Personal Information to certain third parties and/or opt-out of Our sharing of your information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please send your request (along with your full name, e-mail address, postal address, and the subject line labeled “Your Privacy Rights”) by e-mail at Privacy@Excelo.com.
- Policy Changes
- Your Consent
- Contact Us
- If you have specific privacy concerns about this Website, or with regards to submitting information to Excelo, please contact us by email at Privacy@Excelo.com.
Last Updated: Sept 15, 2017
Policy Effective: Sept 15, 2017